Monday, November 16, 2009

Speaking of Soup...

Okay, not really, but I just wanted to put something about soup in this post before I talked about something that has nothing to do with soup.  Oh- by the way, the Western Burgers were quite good this evening.


Anyway....funny story.  So, we have cows.  The cows we have are beef cows.  We only have cows.  That means no bull...as in, no male bovine species on our property.  Which means that in order for our cows to become pregnant, they have to be artificially inseminated, or AI'd, as we commonly refer to it over the dinner table.  (You had it lucky the last time you came to dinner Khandrea...).

So....the three younger kids and I were over at a friends house the other day, and they had a big stuffed horse.  The kind that is about 3 feet high or so, taller than your average rocking horse, but it is stiff so that you can actually get on it and ride it.  So, my oldest daughter comes dragging it down the hall, right?  And she plucks it down in the middle of the living room.  She stands it on its nose, and goes back into the other room.

She soon comes out with a small ankle sock on her hand, like a glove.  Now, some of you know where this is going......Well, she proceeds to lift up the horses tail, now keep in mind horse is turned up on its nose, so you know what end is up.  Anyway, she lifts up its tail and starts, "scooping."

"Whatcha doing dear?"
"I'm making sure the horse has a baby."
"Oh....  Um...  Okay, but you might want a longer sock."

4 comments:

the wrath of khandrea said...

this is wrong on so many levels.

Candria said...

That's awesome!

Todd and Shana said...

Freakin' hilarious! I love it! I seriously would have died laughing.

Unknown said...

I going to go with the wrong comment. Ewwwww! I know that sounds girly of me, but, well, that's all I got.