Friday, October 2, 2009

A day in the life of...



So this was our cute little farm house in Soap Lake that we lived in for a short time. This was before Kylee "found herself".


So, not too long after this photo was taken, we had moved back to Moscow. In Moscow one morning we decided to have waffles. They were yum yum. I left my waffle iron out on the counter to cool down, and the lid off the home-made syrup to also cool down, as I did the dishes. About 5 minutes into doing the dishes, it was just way too quiet for comfort, so I went looking for Kylee. I found her in Cayson's room, rubbing Cayson's skin ointment into the carpet. I sent her upstairs while I ATTEMPTED to clean it up. After some scrubbing, I decided to try and find out why she was so quiet again, so I tromped upstairs, and found her in the game closet taking out all the games and dumping them on the ground.



So, I sent her back downstairs while I sorted through all the games and put everything away. When that was done, I went back downstairs to find out why it was eerily quite...again. And I found Kylee on my counter top. She was using a pastry brush to "paint" my cupboards and waffle iron with syrup. A lot of syrup. I think at that point I might have just duct taped her to the chair. (just kidding!!!)



Salsa
20 c. tomatoes, skins removed
5 large green bell peppers (diced)
5 large onions (diced)
7-10 jalapeno peppers (diced)
1/2 c. salt
1 t. garlic powder
1 t. oregano
1 t. cumin
3-4 c. vinegar
Boil down a good 5 hours, usually. DON'T PUT FLOUR IN IT!!! Put in (hot, sterilized, whatever) pint jars, if you like. Process pints for 10 minutes in boiling water caner.

Any questions?

No comments: