Sunday, March 15, 2009

Speaking of eating like an elephant...


So, since my marathon is only 5 weeks away, that means that for the next 2 weeks, the training is the most intense, before we taper down, and so I needed some motivation to gear myself up for it. Also, I thought it would be fun to see the pics of my last marathon. It was the Mesa Falls Marathon. If anyone is even contemplating running a full or 1/2, this would be the one to do. You start out in Yellowstone, and then run to Ashton. It is beautiful, and for motivation, you get to run from bears! It keeps you running fast...just kidding. So, this is Dana and I. We were at about mile 17, if I remember. We had just come off a dirt trail along the Snake River.

This is just after we finished. I'm looking for my chocolate milk, the drink of champions. And yes, they had it there...they love me. A big cooler full of it. Yum...Yum...yum...

One of the best things about training for a marathon is knowing that towards the end, on the weekends, you're burning anywhere from 1,500-2,000 calories a day. That means you can eat as much food as you want, and speaking of eating food, Mindy was kind enough to get me Huevos Rancheros last night at 9:30. And I ate the whole thing, and the bag full of chips that came with it. And I didn't even feel bad about it. It was soooo yummy! After all, I burned almost 1900 calories yesterday between 10:00 and 1:00. Yes, I can really pack the food away right now.


And even after I run, I still eat. My friends that I run with have a love/hate relationship with me when we run together. All I can talk about is food. They love it at the beginning of the run, but towards the end, not so much, when the thought of food makes you want to barf. I used to not be able to eat after running, it would totally depress my appetite, but not any more. Now I get done with a run, and I look for the food. I am an unstoppable force. Don't stand between me and my food after a long run. You could get hurt.

This picture is me eating some pizza after my marathon. Granted, I did have to wait about 15 minutes after completing before I could eat the pizza. I think I consumed about 4 pints of chocolate milk prior to this, though.

Also pictured is Misty, one of the equine doctors that used to work at the clinic. She also trained with us, and kicked our butt. She's fast!

Did I mention that I'm trying to psych myself up for the next 2 weeks?? They're brutal... but after that, it's time to run!!!!

1 comment:

the wrath of khandrea said...

i'm sorry, i'm confused. you do this for fun? or for a good reason? i'm lost.

i feel like barfing just reading about your chocolate milk indulgence. gag.

you are amazing. seriously. you out run bears. i want to be you when i grow up.