So, in the end, I canned 10 quarts of apples, and 3 of tomatoes. It was soooooooooo much fun! I think I might to it next year...... Just maybe I won't clean up my living room first.
Thursday, November 6, 2008
Canning 101
So the other day I decided that it was about time that I canned my apples and my tomatoes that I had sitting out on my counter. Now, at my house this is quite a production. First of all we had to go and get more propane. We did that after we dropped my oldest daughter off at school. When we got home with the propane, we dug out our two-burner Camp Chef (courtesy of my parents and Jeremy graduating from college), and put two and two together. After that, we all tromped in the house, where the second order of business was cleaning up the living room. Because, after all, everyone knows that in order to can, you need a clean living room.
The next order of business was to feed my youngest. Because, everyone knows you can't start canning until all bellies are full.
After that was done, I had to make room on the counter to set up the things needed to make applesauce.
Then, once they were done boiling, I ran them through the applesauce maker. This is a lot of fun for my youngest daughter. She likes to try and turn the crank. She isn't very good at it, but she likes to think she is helping.
As that is going on, our "adopted" kid comes over, and him and youngest daughter proceed to take all of the books out of the book shelf and read them on the floor in the booster seats. Why do I clean up the living room? Ever??? It just seems to get dirty again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm just impressed that you can. One day, I always tell myself, I'll teach myself how to do that. When I figure out when one day is, I'll let you know. :)
Post a Comment